Well, the first day of spring came in like the first day of winter. We had to cut short our plans for a night with friends in Edmond because of the snow expected in Oklahoma City. The first day of spring didn't go to waste, though, as I put out our Easter decorations - lots of bunnies!
First day of spring also brought with it almost addiction level attention to the news to learn who was and was not committed to passing health care and student loan reform. Yes, you heard right, the two are going to either pass or fail. It's all or nothing.
I must admit I have never been without healthcare ... and have no problems with the health care I had. I have had to pay for it, and also had my company pay for it on my behalf. Either way, no problems.
I wonder if it will be like Germany when I was a paying private pay customer and Bruce had the socialized medicine. He would have to wait at least 2 hours during open office hours to see a doctor (no appointments) while I had a private room and could schedule an appointment..? Of course, I had to pay for everything - even the phone call to give me a diagnosis was charged to my account!
We'll have to wait and see what happens but odds are my work will change dramatically come June 30th with student loan reform. It's not a surprise; just interesting to see how it will shake out.
No comments:
Post a Comment