The first open house event we attended tonight is giving us a peek that Christmas is coming. The weather is crisp (a bit brisk actually). Even though the crowds were not as large as what I remembered, there were lots of people with gift bags going to and fro. One of the best things about the event is listening to the old-fashioned carols sung by the Sweet Adelines.
Yes, Christmas is in the air, but we have to get to Thanksgiving first. What was I thinking? I have yet to buy a Thanksgiving turkey or go shopping for all the fixins needed to make the pies, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes, and cornbread dressing. I am thankful we are able to do this again this year and will plan to donate an equivalent amount of food or monetary donations to our local food pantry. In the spirit of Christmas coming soon, I challenge you to make someone else's holiday a special one.
No comments:
Post a Comment