Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas 2008 - New Year's 2009.
I like to celebrate Christmas all through January (well, not really). We do usually leave our decorations up through Epiphany... you have to love those wise men travelling all that way only led by a star to find the Savior of the World. That's what Christmas is all about - not presents (although I am not going to lie and say I don't enjoy presents (giving and receiving)), holiday foods, decorations, or any other secular trappings of the holiday. The true reason for Christmas is to celebrate the birth of a babe in a manger, Christ the Lord.

Now, on to New Year's... the start of a new year, full of hope and dreams. I haven't made any resolutions yet, but probably will. One to remember is that there is always hope, peace, and love to be found if you look and are receptive to letting these gifts in.

No comments: