Monday, April 6, 2009

Turn 50? C-Day Beckons

Well, it's a little into my 50th year and the time everyone needs to be prepared for - time to have a baseline colonoscopy. I am not looking forward to the procedure basically because of the prep work necessary before. I was hoping they would have the virtual colonoscopy by the time I had to do this, but no luck! Even though I am dreading the day tomorrow, I highly recommend everyone take the time to go through this. It would have saved mom's life had she received this test earlier; no doubt earlier than at the time of her diagnosis with Stage IV colon cancer. It's hard to tell if it would have made a difference but the cancer would have been detected earlier and that would have given her a fighting chance. So, Wednesday is C-DAY for me.

No comments: